Associate Pastor/Director for Children and Families
Email resumes to Krista Howard (Office Manager): email@example.com.
The Pastor/Director for Children will be a member of the ministry staff and report to and be supervised by the Discipleship Pastor on a day-to-day basis. Ultimate and final responsibility for determining the duties of this position, however, will be the Elder Board’s collectively. An annual performance evaluation will be conducted by the Discipleship Pastor.
- A Committed Christian with a Vital and Growing Walk – Committed to leading a personal lifestyle of study and worship.
- A deep passion to see children come to faith in Jesus Christ and grow in their faith.
- Education – A Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Christian Education or Theology/Bible.
- Ministry Experience – Preference will be given to those having a minimum of five years church ministry experience.
- A Shepherd’s Heart – One who recognizes the importance of shepherding those under his/her care, training and equipping them for more effective service.
- In agreement with Alliance Bible Fellowship Doctrinal Statement. Must become a member of Alliance Bible Fellowship.
Duties and Responsibilities
He/She will provide overall leadership to the Children’s Ministry. We desire our Pastor/Director of Children to be an equipper who is directly involved in the ministry to children and who also equips a team of volunteers who are actively involved. He/She may also minister to families by equipping parents to evangelize and disciple their own children.
His/Her duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Cast vision for and promote children’s ministries to the church body (birth through 5th Grade). Report to the Elder Board monthly regarding children’s ministries.
- Recruit, screen and train parents and volunteers for children’s ministries while providing ongoing shepherding, encouragement and recognition. Build a team of volunteers who see their activity as kingdom ministry to children.
- Provide oversight for Children’s Ministries (currently Little Alliance, Kid Alliance, and Wednesday Night Team Kids). Provide general oversight of children’s ministries to ensure a safe, clean, relevant environment for every child.
- Provide oversight for seasonal and annual events such as VBS and camp.
- Continue implementation of Bible-based programs (currently The Gospel Project) for children designed to introduce them to faith in Jesus Christ and see them matured in their faith. Oversee all curriculum development and implementation.
- Duties with families/children to include evangelism, teaching, discipleship, and fellowship activities.
- Maintain clear communication with the pastors, elders, and parents.
- Develop and distribute a calendar of children’s events.
The Pastor/Director for Children will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill responsibilities. He/She will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours, so as to be available to the body in general.
He/She will be on call as necessary for emergencies.
The Pastor/Director will be provided vacation in accordance with established church policies.
The Pastor/Director will be provided health and retirement benefits in accordance with established church policies.