Fulltime / Exempt position: He/she will attempt to schedule as much time as possible to be at the church during normal business hours to be available to the body/staff in general. Normal business hours will be 8:00-4:30, M-F. The Facilities Director will necessarily have to work some evenings and other irregular hours in order to fulfill responsibilities. He/she will be on call as necessary for emergencies.
- A committed Christian with a vital and growing walk – a person who is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of discipleship and worship.
- Education – A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience/Skills – Minimum of 2 years experience in maintenance/custodial work is preferred. Possess basic skills necessary to accomplish job duties.
- Good relational, organizational, and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (for maintaining inventories, emails, word documents, etc.)
- Physical abilities to set up/tear down rooms with tables, chairs, and other equipment, removing the trash to dumpsters, etc.
- Limited construction, electrical and plumbing skills preferred.
- In agreement with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Doctrinal Statement, the Expanded ABF Doctrinal Statement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the leader of all facilities functions of the church, supporting and supervising the maintenance/custodial staff.
- Attend church staff meetings.
- Work with front office manager to set up rooms as needed for various ministries.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness, maintenance, and readiness throughout the building and property.
- Schedule and/or perform regular maintenance of church facilities (HVAC, security systems, fire alarm/suppression systems, etc.)
- Set and track specific building and grounds maintenance needs of the facility to ensure that administrative functions and vision are being achieved.
- Develop and/or maintain property/equipment inventory and usage policies.
- Order and maintain cleaning and other building supplies (cleaning products, paper towels, toilet tissue, non-food kitchen supplies, etc.)
- Maintain custodial equipment (vacuums, etc.) in proper working order.
- Responsible for overseeing grounds maintenance.
- Clear/salt walks during winter weather workdays; oversee walkways/parking lots care for Sunday services.
- Maintain orderly storage in the shed, storage rooms, etc.
- Lead in aligning administrative duties with the ABF mission objectives established by the Elder Board.
- Develop the facility/building use of the church and oversee its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Commit to excellence in all aspects of ministry.
- Commit to mobilizing and coaching volunteers (as needed) so that ministry remains in the hands of the people (Ephesians 4:12).
- Implement the High-Impact Model within ministry teams (as necessary).
- Work with contractors for additions, renovations, maintenance, etc.
- Oversee budget adherence within areas of responsibility.